One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Leinsdorf shows unwonted impetuosity in his approach to tempos, and the Boston Symphony Orchestra, while not consistently as refined as it could be, plays the music tautly.’
- ‘The symphony is played tautly; the introduction is broad and menacing, but the first movement proper (no exposition repeat) is done with grim fire.’
- ‘These tautly stretched lines consist of single strands of horsehair, arranged in an elegant composition that brings to mind the great horizontal tableaux of Barnett Newman.’
- ‘The ensuing investigation is described as a twisting, suspenseful character-study, tautly written to conceal a surprise ending.’
- ‘This tautly wrought dénouement to Dipped in Shadow serves as the foundation for Harris's latest volume, She, a novel in poetry about the depths of a woman's consciousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.