One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The ensuing investigation is described as a twisting, suspenseful character-study, tautly written to conceal a surprise ending.’
- ‘This tautly wrought dénouement to Dipped in Shadow serves as the foundation for Harris's latest volume, She, a novel in poetry about the depths of a woman's consciousness.’
- ‘These tautly stretched lines consist of single strands of horsehair, arranged in an elegant composition that brings to mind the great horizontal tableaux of Barnett Newman.’
- ‘Leinsdorf shows unwonted impetuosity in his approach to tempos, and the Boston Symphony Orchestra, while not consistently as refined as it could be, plays the music tautly.’
- ‘The symphony is played tautly; the introduction is broad and menacing, but the first movement proper (no exposition repeat) is done with grim fire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.