One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person, especially a child, who reveals secrets or informs on others; a telltale.
- ‘Regina asked, trying to sound like she does not care anymore, but deep inside, she was wondering if Serafina was able to read her mind again or if some tattletale had told her.’
- ‘Since they don't want to have it happen to them, they figure that if they are silent, they wont be known as tattletales.’
- ‘When she turned and saw him in the house, still wet, the little tattletale opened her mouth to call her mother but her older sister threw the pillow at her to stop her.’
- ‘When you take away the sex, drugs and tattletales, the remaining story is very ordinary.’
- ‘I was never usually a tattletale, but I really wanted to see Rose Marie get busted for this one.’
- ‘But I gotta be careful because I am not a tattletale and I ain't tryin' to make no enemies.’
- ‘I turned around and saw Andrew, a tattletale ever since he came in the sixth grade.’
- ‘She would, she promised herself, rip the tattletale who had ratted on her from limb to limb.’
- ‘No one wants a nation of tattletales, but even the Phillipsburg police admit that there are situations when citizen law enforcers help protect the community.’
- ‘It wouldn't be until Monday morning that she'd have to face the consequences of being a tattletale.’
- ‘What drives me up the wall is when the uncouth classes begin their fighting and screeching and petty arguments, or when snide little tattletales run up to me to tell on people.’
- ‘I headed off to find the incumbent tattletale.’
- ‘He was their spy, their tattletale, their loyal little grunt in the ever present Boys vs Girls feud that was undoubtedly more vicious than any dreamed up by professional wrestling scriptwriters.’
- ‘‘You're a tattletale,’ Blake cross his arms over his chest.’
- ‘It wasn't the fear of being a tattletale or anything that held me back.’
- ‘Jonas does not like Pierre very much because he is ‘very serious, not much fun, and a worrier and tattletale.’’
- ‘Partly it's because I feel a profound sadness when reading accounts by recently-returned-from-somewhere tattletales.’
- ‘‘The one sitting next to you’ she points at my other side like a tattletale.’
- ‘Nothing… well, she can't get in trouble for being a tattletale.’
- ‘So now you're going to play tattletale and report everything to icky Snapey?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.