One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Dr Fox reckons she looks a ‘tad’ out of place, and a ‘tad’ tattily dressed.’
- ‘At first I thought this was merely a good-natured jibe, but apparently this long-haired, tattily dressed young man (Im assuming is aspiring to be a published writer himself) was quite serious.’
- ‘It's rather terrible - not the worst that would emerge from this subgenre, but one that is fairly tattily made on most counts.’
- ‘Looking tattily elegant, and hoping I'll be safe from stings, I climb a ladder and examine the swarm.’
- ‘just how tattily suburban is it possible to become?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.