One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of meal offered in certain restaurants, consisting of sample portions of many different dishes served in several courses for a set price.
- ‘Try the tasting menu, at £ 48 per head without wine or £ 68 with a selection of wines.’
- ‘A tasting menu featuring three different ports was a steal at $9.’
- ‘We chose the slightly cheaper of the two tasting menus, at £ 48 for five courses.’
- ‘The true test of a restaurant's dessert mettle is the dessert tasting menu.’
- ‘For a healthful culinary tour of the subcontinent, try the vegetarian tasting menu.’
- ‘Dinner that night was a tasting menu at the hotel restaurant, Pimms.’
- ‘His chocolate tasting menu, a robust replacement to the spring-summer fish tasting, is now a signature.’
- ‘Menu features both A la carte and nightly chef's tasting menu as an option offering chef's own seven-course delights.’
- ‘His tasting menus are assault courses for the taste buds, a boot camp for the mouth.’
- ‘The six-course tasting menu improves your odds of experiencing this fascinating chef at his best.’
- ‘We use this recipe a lot in our tasting menu, where it is very popular.’
- ‘One major plus of the hotel is its Le Cinq restaurant, where even the locals book ahead to tackle the gargantuan tasting menu.’
- ‘There's also an inspirational tasting menu, of course, which is also a surprise.’
- ‘When we ordered the tasting menus for ourselves, Clotilde asked me if I wanted to do the wine pairing.’
- ‘Offered between courses, small food serves as a makeshift tasting menu and has additional virtues that shouldn't go unnoticed, as well.’
- ‘I am equally used to tasting menus, and the point of a tasting menu is to be balanced, and to be a pleasure, not an ordeal.’
- ‘I opt for a "tasting menu" which means I get to sample all the signature dishes of Chef Suvir.’
- ‘For an appetizer, I enjoyed a nice piece of sturgeon off the chef's tasting menu, covered with a light crème fraîche sauce folded with more caviar.’
- ‘Some chefs sell merchandise or match wines with their tasting menus to boost profits.’
- ‘When upscale restaurants in Los Angeles and New York City start offering discounted tasting menus, you know times have gotten tough for the food industry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.