Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A gathering at which people sample, compare, and evaluate different wines, or other drinks or food.‘we did a tasting of over forty of the cheaper champagnes’See also wine tasting
observation, noticing, noting, discernment, perception, spotting, awareness, recognition, distinguishing, identification, diagnosisView synonyms
- ‘He teams up with retail shops that refer patrons to the parties and he brings in winemakers to conduct the tastings.’
- ‘Hoping it might help, she joined a church group, went to wine and beer tastings, and tried organized parties.’
- ‘They can attend tastings Sunday through Thursday where they can sample up to three tequilas.’
- ‘Behind me are two big high-street tastings: Tesco, which fielded 100 wines, and Somerfield with 134.’
- ‘Anyway he was able to accommodate the wine club and will arrange a talk with 4 different tastings for the meeting on April 12th.’
- ‘To mark the occasion the market will have tastings and free samples of Fair-trade coffee, tea and chocolate.’
- ‘A good way to let customers experience the varied tastes of straight whiskey and learn more about them is to conduct tastings.’
- ‘The tastings really are labour of love and a gift to the wine community, as Dry River's loyal mail list members snap up nearly all the output in advance.’
- ‘Around 100 local markets and food and drink tastings have been arranged around the country to coincide with the campaign.’
- ‘Wednesdays, there are tastings with complimentary appetizers.’
- ‘Best of all may be Emmons' advice on organized tastings.’
- ‘Others may give tours and tastings only by appointment.’
- ‘A culinary festival will feature workshops, wine and food tastings, and dining specials with guest chefs from around the world.’
- ‘The tastings are not as much as a money-drain as one might think.’
- ‘To combat that, Asfour, says they keep the classes and tastings casual and set them up in a space where people can walk around and be social.’
- ‘It is one of the largest tastings in the area featuring 500 wines.’
- ‘The evening was one of the largest consumer tastings of South African wines ever to be held in the UK with over 450 attendees signed up.’
- ‘I will be hosting tastings of summer cheeses and giving summer entertaining tips at Fortnum & Mason on Friday from noon to 1pm.’
- ‘Many local companies will offer sampling and tastings during the promotion in addition to special offers and customer prize draws being held.’
- ‘Before you proceed, however, make certain you are in compliance with state and local beverage alcohol laws regarding tastings.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.