One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A mussel's insides have shriveled beyond recognition; another's are still tastily seawatery.’
- ‘Thus wrapped, Aurora Place resembles nothing so much as some exquisite neo-oriental canapé, tastily cocooned in the latest translucent rice pastry.’
- ‘And it was complemented texturally, visually and tastily by its marinated baby beetroots, though the spring roll of its confit leg was a little leaden.’
- ‘We were in and out in about 30 minutes, had stretched our legs, eaten tastily, made use of the clean bathrooms and had broken up our tedious journey nicely without wasting too much time.’
- ‘But there's much more to know about these shellfish than simply how tastily they can be served up on a plate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.