One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for thylacine
- ‘The last known captive thyacline, also known as the Tasmanian tiger, died in 1936 at the Hobart Zoo in Tasmania, Australia.’
- ‘Genetic technology may revive extinct Tasmanian tigers… so the Greens are against it, of course.’
- ‘The Tasmanian wolf chased and killed kangaroos and wallabies.’
- ‘The Tasmanian tiger, a dog-like creature christened for its striped pelt, was hunted into extinction because it was seen as a threat to livestock.’
- ‘Also known as the Tasmanian tiger, the Thylacinus cynocephalus was a wolflike marsupial with prominent stripes on its back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.