One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bar at the edge of the display of a graphical user interface that allows quick access to current or favorite applications.‘run multiple programs and quickly switch among them by clicking the appropriate icon on the taskbar’
- ‘To start, you double-click on the Google icon on your taskbar (or elsewhere).’
- ‘You can create your own toolbar on the taskbar where you can place folders that are accessed often.’
- ‘At the bottom of the Windows 98 desktop is a taskbar which contains smaller toolbars.’
- ‘Both wireless systems are activated by taskbar icons on the Today screen.’
- ‘The beep can be disabled with a simple click on the audio icon on the taskbar, which brings up the Audio Setting menu.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.