One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of American plants of the daisy family with sticky leaves and heavy scent.
- ‘These techniques can greatly reduce a population of tarweed, leaving very few plants to flower and set seed.’
- ‘Although the slender tarweed described above has the same tar-like odor, it is not nearly as strong as that of this plant.’
- ‘Pods are deposited close to the basal growth of forbs such as tarweeds and Russian thistle.’
- ‘Avena plants were larger and more tarweeds survived into the summer.’
- ‘A good example would again be the Hemizonias, some of which have been called tarweeds and some tarplants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.