One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A toxic compound used in treating protozoal disease in animals, as a mordant in dyeing, and formerly as an emetic.
- ‘He identified the label found at the prisoner's house as that which he had placed on the tartar emetic then purchased.’
- ‘An experimental group of 50 male and 50 female rats was administered 5 ppm potassium antimony tartrate in water.’
- ‘Brahmachari decided to improve the results over tartar emetic by using the sodium salt of antimonyl tartrate instead of the potassium salt.’
- ‘We had taken out a lot of simple medicines for our own needs, consisting for the most part of calomel, quinine, and tartar emetic.’
- ‘The preferred thripsicide is tartar emetic which has the chemical name potassium antimony tartrate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.