One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A grayish wild horse that was formerly common in eastern Europe and western Asia, exterminated in 1919.
- ‘Surprisingly like tarpans in skull and build, the mares were bred to Przewalski stallions.’
- ‘They essentially tried to do the same thing with the tarpans and the forest bison and some other animals.’
- ‘These are special breeds created from domestic cattle and horses that are similar to aurochs and tarpans that once roamed in the wild in park-like forests and meadows.’
- ‘The last wild tarpans were killed off in 1851.’
- ‘It took several generations to bring back wild horses that most closely resemble the original tarpan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.