One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality or fact of being late; lateness.‘forgive my tardiness, I had some very important business to attend to’
belatedness, unpunctuality, lateness, delay, retardation, dilatorinessView synonyms
- ‘I owe a few people email responses but I know I'll be forgiven for my tardiness.’
- ‘Luckily, the plane was delayed, so their tardiness at Heathrow went unnoticed.’
- ‘Rigidity in the labour market, wage-induced inflation and tardiness in technological adaptation were the predictable results.’
- ‘Humiliated by its tardiness in plugging into the Internet boom, Japan is determined not to suffer the same indignity in bioscience.’
- ‘My tardiness has been heavily influenced by my employment commitments and, as such, was somewhat unavoidable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.