One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room in which alcoholic drinks, especially beer, are available on tap; a bar in a hotel or inn.
- ‘The pub singer has come of age - emerging from the taproom and entering the recording studio.’
- ‘Drinkers were served in the taproom, a large single room furnished with trestle tables and benches.’
- ‘The innkeeper's wife passed him as he left the taproom.’
- ‘A few hours later, he pushed past the swinging door of the taproom, furs replaced by a couple of purchased oddities that clinked in his pack as he moved.’
- ‘After fastening the storm shutters on his own shop, he helped old Marise close up the taproom.’
- ‘He saw to his horse and then went looking for the taproom.’
- ‘He has worked with the Victory brewery on developing an unfiltered Bavarian-style wheat beer that will be served exclusively at Ludwig's and the brewery's taproom.’
- ‘The proprietor of the Falling Rock taproom in Denver, says that's a good reason to look at these winter seasonals.’
- ‘Well, he entered the taproom, and he is extremely bad for business.’
- ‘Those keen features that might have been attractive had they not been so sunken and calculating, recalled to her a smoggy taproom on a dreadful night not long ago.’
- ‘One day, he wandered into the taproom of Lionel's pub.’
- ‘The shout cracked across the taproom, and surprise jerked his head around.’
- ‘He stumbled back into the taproom, hoping that, by the time she came to, he'd be passed out.’
- ‘In one month he scrubbed the taproom till it gleamed like it did 70 years ago.’
- ‘Arun thrust through the swinging door into the taproom of Bullfinch's only inn, still feeling remarkably weightless.’
- ‘All the others were strangers, none of whom seemed incline to even look her way - except for the one merrily strolling across the taproom towards them.’
- ‘He slapped me a big one and went over to the noisy gang in the taproom.’
- ‘As he made his way into the small foyer, he could hear the noise from the taproom.’
- ‘He does a nice business in his 60-seat taproom and goes through 2 half-barrels of Sierra Nevada Celebration a week during peak winter beer season.’
- ‘In the taproom, a place filled with smoke, noise and the scent of strong ale, one man nudged his companion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.