One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of striking against something with a quick light blow or blows, or a sound made in this way.‘crews heard tapping from deep underground’‘there was a tapping at the door’as modifier ‘in the background I could hear a tapping noise’
- ‘I noticed him stealing looks in my direction every few seconds and I realized that my squirming and tapping was annoying him.’
- ‘What seemed like seconds later, she was roused from her sleep by the sound of tapping.’
- ‘The character of the sound elicited by tapping was, thus, indicative of the state of health of the underlying tissues.’
- ‘She felt his tapping through the thin mattress.’
- ‘Then he felt a tapping of his shoulder from behind.’
- ‘But as soon as she saw what the tapping was, she grew irritated.’
- ‘A light tapping on my shoulder interrupted my inner diatribe.’
- ‘The sounds of my father's constant tapping against the floor were the only noise in the room, which made everything more terrifying.’
- ‘She awoke to the sound of a fierce tapping on her door.’
- ‘Somehow, she had hope for the sound of her tapping to come to her ears, but then again, she still was dubious.’
- ‘Suddenly the sound of light tapping on the ground seemed to distract her.’
- ‘The sound of my knife tapping is pathetically minute.’
- ‘I felt a tapping on my shoulder and turned around.’
- ‘He woke up to the sound of Birdsong and the faintest sound of tapping on a keyboard about two rooms away.’
- ‘It was the familiar loud thumping of the Captains as well as the softer tap tap tapping of his boots that made such the welcoming sound as the two blew into the dinning room.’
- ‘As she walked through the door, sounds of tapping on the keyboards and the faint whirring of the photocopy machine greeted her.’
- ‘As I opened the door, I felt a tapping at my shoulder.’
An electrical connection made to some point between the end terminals of a transformer coil or other component.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.