One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When the golden age of Hollywood musicals faded, two young tappers appeared on television variety shows with their father as Hines, Hines, and Dad.’
- ‘Drawing on evidence from female villagers, one male survivor and a former Malayan police officer, he claims that all of those who died were unarmed rubber tappers and tin miners from the Chinese ethnic minority.’
- ‘Each ‘Kerasudha’ unit should have at least 100 trees, which will give direct employment to 10 toddy tappers, three women who process the drink and several others who market the produce.’
- ‘The two rhythm tappers, now both 29, make a handsome couple.’
- ‘This year's Living Treasure in American Dance Award was presented to 92-year-old tap dancer Leonard Reed, inventor of the Shim Sham Shimmy, now a standard step for all tappers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.