One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See tap dance
- ‘His tap-dancing is poor, his singing mediocre, and his hairdressing skills are not well developed at all, so what else could he do to make a living, I ask?’
- ‘He is a high energy personality giving his all to tap-dancing and bringing tap-dancing back to the people, to the street, to the kids.’
- ‘But what really took me by surprise was the constant clickety-clackety sound of tap-dancing.’
- ‘A cultural product of the slave trade, tap-dancing was derived from Irish jigs and Lancashire clog dancing but was heavily influenced by the musicality of African tribal dances.’
- ‘Tap-dancing was not accepted as an audition piece, but he convinced the panel to let him tap anyway.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.