One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See tap dance
- ‘A cultural product of the slave trade, tap-dancing was derived from Irish jigs and Lancashire clog dancing but was heavily influenced by the musicality of African tribal dances.’
- ‘But what really took me by surprise was the constant clickety-clackety sound of tap-dancing.’
- ‘He is a high energy personality giving his all to tap-dancing and bringing tap-dancing back to the people, to the street, to the kids.’
- ‘Tap-dancing was not accepted as an audition piece, but he convinced the panel to let him tap anyway.’
- ‘His tap-dancing is poor, his singing mediocre, and his hairdressing skills are not well developed at all, so what else could he do to make a living, I ask?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.