One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One of the Taoistic influences in Korea is called the Pung Sui Theory, in which they believe that in certain points on the mountain and in the river, there are awkward spots and bad spots.’
- ‘Here's a Chinese story, kind of a Taoistic story about a farmer whose horse runs away.’
- ‘In the cello part, the composer evoked the Taoistic spirit, which is characterized by a method of playing completely different from the Western style.’
- ‘So what are the more Taoistic elements here? More spontaneity?’
- ‘The walls and ceiling are painted with Taoistic images.’
- ‘Chuangtse is therefore important as the first one who fully developed the Taoistic thesis of the rhythm of life, contained in the epigrams of Laotse.’
- ‘I am particularly interested in the psychology of stock trading which could benefit greatly from Zen and Taoistic cultural resources.’
- ‘Incubation is an important part of the creative process, since Taoistic artists would seek for spiritual transcendence through reflection before starting on their creative work.’
- ‘More than two thousand years ago Taoistic healers already were writing books in which they openly discussed love and sex.’
- ‘But the Taoistic principles also teach you not to rest upon your achievements; they advise you to consequently follow the path you have chosen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.