One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Tanzania or its people.‘a Tanzanian gold exploration company’
- ‘Because team members were primarily Tanzanian and resided in urban areas, they had first-hand knowledge of local urban conditions.’
- ‘Agriculture provides the mainstay of the Tanzanian economy.’
- ‘In many Tanzanian ethnic groups, heroes are illustrious ancestors who distinguished themselves by their valor, intelligence, or generosity.’
- ‘After independence, the government devoted most of the educational resources to providing free elementary education for all Tanzanian children.’
- ‘Young people generally prefer to adopt a national Tanzanian identity instead of a Shambaa identity.’
A native or inhabitant of Tanzania, or a person of Tanzanian descent.‘the factory provides jobs for many Tanzanians’
- ‘The electricity will be a huge boost to metropolitan areas, but most Tanzanians live in rural areas.’
- ‘Tanzanians of all ethnic backgrounds participate in rites of passage.’
- ‘Traditional systems of social organization are still of great significance in the daily lives of Tanzanians.’
- ‘A 50-year-old Tanzanian, a professional guide who boasts that he has climbed the mountain over 250 times, narrates the film.’
- ‘It is this island that most people, including most Tanzanians, call Zanzibar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.