One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The catalyst has a support of niobic acid, tantalic acid or a mixture of niobic acid and tantalic acid or a support containing such acids.’
- ‘The experimental results have shown proposed constructive solutions to accomplish electron-ion powder heating with following particles deformation at a tantalic target.’
- ‘Tantalum is etched by peroxide - the same way it etches tungsten or titanium - by forming its mineral acid, in this case tantalic acid.’
- ‘The freshly precipitated tantalic acid was soluble in a hot oxalic acid aqueous solution, and it was quite stable against hydrolysis.’
- ‘Many contemporary chemists believed niobium and tantalum were the same elements until 1844 and later 1866 when researchers showed that niobic and tantalic acids were different compounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.