An aircraft, vehicle, or missile effective against tanks.
- ‘Infantry and reconnaissance, surveillance and target acquisition units of the Stryker brigade combat teams depend on Javelin as their principal tank killer.’
- ‘Less successful was the Copperhead cannon-launched guided projectile, also intended as a tank killer.’
- ‘The RPG was the tank killer in Vietnam and lives on today in terrorist armies in Iraq because of its lethality and portability.’
- ‘During Operation Desert Storm, Hellfire earned the reputation of being one of the military's most formidable tank killers.’
- ‘The Hellfire-C laser-guided missile struck a stationary tank, marketing the Predator's evolution from a non-lethal reconnaissance asset to an armed, highly accurate tank killer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.