One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An aircraft, vehicle, or missile that is effective against tanks.
- ‘Less successful was the Copperhead cannon-launched guided projectile, also intended as a tank killer.’
- ‘Infantry and reconnaissance, surveillance and target acquisition units of the Stryker brigade combat teams depend on Javelin as their principal tank killer.’
- ‘The RPG was the tank killer in Vietnam and lives on today in terrorist armies in Iraq because of its lethality and portability.’
- ‘The Hellfire-C laser-guided missile struck a stationary tank, marketing the Predator's evolution from a non-lethal reconnaissance asset to an armed, highly accurate tank killer.’
- ‘During Operation Desert Storm, Hellfire earned the reputation of being one of the military's most formidable tank killers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.