One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The thick line shows the correlation within a moving window, while the thin lines show 95% confidence intervals (using Fisher's tanh approximation).’
- ‘This paper describes properties of the function tanh from the standpoint of its use in robust signal processing and statistical estimation.’
- ‘If its argument is an array, the tanh function will be applied to each element and the result returned as an array.’
- ‘We have already looked at this one above, but here we note that, using hyperbolic trig. functions, it is also cosh / sinh or 1 / tanh.’
- ‘The sinh, cosh, and tanh subroutines compute the hyperbolic trigonometric functions of their parameters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.