One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The sinh, cosh, and tanh subroutines compute the hyperbolic trigonometric functions of their parameters.’
- ‘We have already looked at this one above, but here we note that, using hyperbolic trig. functions, it is also cosh / sinh or 1 / tanh.’
- ‘The thick line shows the correlation within a moving window, while the thin lines show 95% confidence intervals (using Fisher's tanh approximation).’
- ‘If its argument is an array, the tanh function will be applied to each element and the result returned as an array.’
- ‘This paper describes properties of the function tanh from the standpoint of its use in robust signal processing and statistical estimation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.