Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of packaging) designed to reveal any interference with the contents.
- ‘For lid-only solutions, we developed a proprietary/patent pending design for a tamper-evident lid.’
- ‘The surge in extended shelf life milks, many packaged in PET bottles with tamper-evident closures, also affects plastic package.’
- ‘For food safety, we use as much tamper-evident packaging as we can - safety seals on the plastic bottles, a fresh cap on our paper cartons.’
- ‘Additional opening directions instruct users to tear off the tamper-evident header strip, which exposes the slider.’
- ‘Bottles are filled with product that has passed through a metal detector, then are sealed with tamper-evident caps.’
- ‘More than just a tamper-evident package on the shelf, we feel that processors are looking for manufacturing safety and traceability.’
- ‘To fill security gaps along the way, companies are investing in steps ranging from on-site surveillance cameras to swipe passes at plant entrances to improved seals and tamper-evident packaging.’
- ‘The combined package makes for better tamper-evident qualities than most competing caps in the market.’
- ‘A polypropylene tamper-evident membrane is applied to all paper-cup containers.’
- ‘It's been shown that tamper-evident bands are more formidable to the consumer because they are visible - with a cap, you're not always sure and you can't see it right away.’
- ‘Last year, the manufacturer created a new closure for an Illinois dairy, replacing the previous shrink-banded cap with a new one-piece tamper-evident closure.’
- ‘When buying a drug product, consider the dosage form (for example, capsules, tablets, syrup), the type of packaging, and the tamper-evident features.’
- ‘The manufacturer recently rolled out a new tamper-evident pull ring with an easy-open closure, the ASC III, along with a new Alpha 5, an advanced snap-screw closure.’
- ‘The bottles are filled, spun around for application of a one-piece tamper-evident cap and sent onward down the line for crating.’
- ‘From recloseable features to tearoff openings to tamper-evident closures, it is clear that the film, bag or carton itself isn't the only focus of package development.’
- ‘The duplicate record of designated targets was sealed by the randomiser in a plastic tamper-evident security bag.’
- ‘The manufacturer offers its dairy customers snap closures, screw closures, and combination snap-screw closures, in addition to a variety of foil closures, sports caps, and tamper-evident fitments for gable top cartons.’
- ‘Such a multi-purpose approach makes it easier for dairy customers, who can add one or two tamper-evident materials and benefit in numerous ways.’
- ‘‘Our latest is the Elo-Cap UP, which features an exterior tamper-evident band as well as pullplug dual tamper evidence,’ he says.’
- ‘For safety and security purposes, the manufacturer also offers dual tamper-evident fitments, featuring external and internal tamper-evident designs, with a molded membrane and external tamper-evident band.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.