One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But you have to start asking the right awkward questions of the right powerful people, instead of tamely sitting back and waiting for the next press release or leak or blown whistle.’
- ‘His motivational qualities must also surely be in question, given the way Scotland folded so tamely against France.’
- ‘The game opened tamely enough with neither side able to dominate and with the line-outs somewhat of a lottery, there was little to rouse the interests of a reasonable attendance.’
- ‘He should have done better than shoot tamely at the keeper following an incisive one-touch move 20 minutes into the half.’
- ‘Defeat is never easy to come to terms with but when your team goes down as tamely and disappointingly as this it is all the harder to take.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.