One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of long-necked mandolin played in Croatia and neighboring countries.
- ‘There he learned the basics of tamburitza music and Croatian dance, and practiced the Croatian language.’
- ‘Its not always going to have the same characteristics - Croatian music I've heard sounds very Western (Om Pa Pa) - almost Italian with its mandolin-like tamburitzas, while Bulgarian can sound very foreign to Westerners.’
- ‘The lead instrument, the prima, the smallest of the group of tamburitzas carries the melody.’
- ‘This type of band takes its name from a family of lute-like stringed instruments called tamburitzas which come in different sizes, shapes and numbers of strings.’
- ‘For Croatians living outside of Croatia, the tamburitza was a cultural symbol binding them to their homeland.’
Croatian, diminutive of tambura tamboura.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.