One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of long-necked mandolin played in Croatia and neighboring countries.
- ‘Its not always going to have the same characteristics - Croatian music I've heard sounds very Western (Om Pa Pa) - almost Italian with its mandolin-like tamburitzas, while Bulgarian can sound very foreign to Westerners.’
- ‘For Croatians living outside of Croatia, the tamburitza was a cultural symbol binding them to their homeland.’
- ‘The lead instrument, the prima, the smallest of the group of tamburitzas carries the melody.’
- ‘This type of band takes its name from a family of lute-like stringed instruments called tamburitzas which come in different sizes, shapes and numbers of strings.’
- ‘There he learned the basics of tamburitza music and Croatian dance, and practiced the Croatian language.’
Croatian, diminutive of tambura tamboura.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.