One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Vedanta) the element or mode of prakriti associated with lethargy, darkness, and ignorance.
- ‘Happiness which is obtained with ‘delusion from beginning to end’ and that arises from laziness and fantasy is achieved in the mode of tamas or ignorance.’
- ‘He also assimilated the three characteristics called gunas (namely tattva virtue, rajas power, passion and tamas mediocrity), specified in the Sankhya literature, into his teachings.’
- ‘The three forms are traced to the three gunas, namely rajas, sattva and tamas.’
- ‘Those in which rajas or tamas predominate make it hard to achieve the mental tranquillity necessary to worship effectively or achieve enlightenment.’
- ‘Agni dispels darkness or tamas that fills the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.