One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Vedanta) the element or mode of prakriti associated with lethargy, darkness, and ignorance.
- ‘Happiness which is obtained with ‘delusion from beginning to end’ and that arises from laziness and fantasy is achieved in the mode of tamas or ignorance.’
- ‘Those in which rajas or tamas predominate make it hard to achieve the mental tranquillity necessary to worship effectively or achieve enlightenment.’
- ‘Agni dispels darkness or tamas that fills the world.’
- ‘The three forms are traced to the three gunas, namely rajas, sattva and tamas.’
- ‘He also assimilated the three characteristics called gunas (namely tattva virtue, rajas power, passion and tamas mediocrity), specified in the Sankhya literature, into his teachings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.