Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An electronic toy displaying a digital image of a creature, which has to be looked after and responded to by the “owner” as if it were a pet.
- ‘Over two years ago, I thought, ‘hm, I want a tamagotchi’.’
- ‘The tamagotchi lasted one year, the petrol driven car has been around for over 100 years.’
- ‘Tamagotchi, which first went on sale in 1996, recorded 40 million in global sales and helped set off an explosion of handheld virtual pets.’
- ‘Remember those electronic pet gadgets, tamagotchis, a few years ago?’
- ‘She scored a tamagotchi from Santa and it has been training us to keep it happy for the last couple of days.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.