One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The practice in question is the growing of goldenrod, a tallish native weed with feathery yellow plumes.’
- ‘They were joined by a tallish young man, about my age with very floppy and messy looking black hair.’
- ‘He was a tallish man with rustic brown hair and twinkling blue eyes.’
- ‘In strode a tallish woman with the Captain's crest on the side of her uniform.’
- ‘The ornamental verbena, sometimes also known as vervain, refers to (among others) Verbena bonariensis, the purple topped tallish plant that has colonised roadways and pasture throughout Australia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.