One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of blues music in which the lyrics are more or less spoken rather than sung.
- ‘It's a great, biting, eloquent talking blues, in the spirit of Woody and Arlo and Steve Earle.’
- ‘He had stopped singing talking blues and songs about ‘causes‘.’
- ‘It is a scatter-gun, modern talking blues, bemoaning the pratfalls of craving celebrity, delivered in the style of early Dylan, over a tune that sounds like a feisty young sister to Neil Young's ‘Rockin’ In The Free World’.’
- ‘Some appear here, as does a funny talking blues about discovering the pocket-change pleasures of Thunderbird wine and its cloudy-brained oblivion.’
- ‘This was expressed at length in the talking blues anti-Vietnam-draft song Alice's Restaurant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.