One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Persuade someone to do (something that they are unwilling to do)‘don't try to talk me into acting as a go-between’
- ‘His wife, Khudeija, reportedly talked him out of his suicidal intention.’
- ‘A friend had initially tried to talk Susan out of the plan.’
- ‘I very often have to talk people out of having things done.’
- ‘I have to talk myself out of a lot of things.’
- ‘I do not want to talk you out of your bad feelings.’
- ‘Even a stranger passing by a fighting couple could talk them out of the quarrel.’
- ‘In the end, he talked her out of suicide.’
- ‘I spent several weeks attempting to talk her out of concentrating on me.’
- ‘Denial will try to talk you out of the feelings of danger.’
- ‘Neither could his Son who tried to talk him out of the trip.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.