One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of radio broadcast in which the presenter talks about topical issues and encourages listeners to call in to air their opinions.
- ‘They know what they are supposed to say and it filters up down and around talk radio, cable news and into the mainstream.’
- ‘The story will definitely continue to be the lightning rod of talk shows and talk radio.’
- ‘I don't listen to music; when I do decide to listen to something it is generally talk radio.’
- ‘A recent survey by Gallup says that 22 percent of Americans get their news from talk radio.’
- ‘The angry everyman is an old cliche in the news game, one that is alive and well in talk radio, on cable TV and on new Internet venues.’
- ‘Even local talk radio has been engineered into a kind of therapy, where listeners phone in to vent by the megawatt.’
- ‘Reynolds is fast becoming the table setter for what gets talked about on talk radio and TV chat shows.’
- ‘Whether or not anyone learned anything is debatable, but it probably made for engaging talk radio.’
- ‘The credibility of the news media is the big buzz today on talk radio all across America.’
- ‘On talk radio, current affairs issues serve the same purpose as everything else that goes to air.’
- ‘Around one in five now gets news from talk radio and 38 percent from cable TV broadcasts.’
- ‘It's been years since I listened to talk radio of any kind, but this news pleases me.’
- ‘When one listens to talk radio or reads the daily broadsheets it is clear that Ireland no longer speaks with a single voice.’
- ‘I haven't listened to a radio station that plays music in years, but I listen to talk radio a lot.’
- ‘They're listening to talk radio because they feel like it gives them another alternative.’
- ‘It can play podcasts, which are a new form of talk radio that comes through your computer onto your iPod.’
- ‘I normally prefer listening to talk radio as opposed to music while driving.’
- ‘However, anyone who has access to the Internet can listen to and participate in Internet talk radio.’
- ‘While the mainstream press is likely to ignore the issue, it might be publicized via the Internet and talk radio.’
- ‘Many stations include an element of talk radio in their proposals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.