One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Speak about sex in a coarse or obscene way.
- ‘The beauty of talking dirty in the sack is that you communicate it's not only your body which is aroused but your senses and mind as well.’
- ‘They watch the cable-access queen talk dirty, fondle herself and advise callers on their sex lives.’
- ‘Women who effortlessly talk dirty are exciting and hold the promise of amazing sex.’
- ‘In the USA where lawsuits are the nation's favorite hobby, talking dirty to a woman is called Sexual Harassment and is backed up by stiff penalties.’
- ‘The Wau Wau Sisters dress up as schoolgirls and sing mildly blasphemous songs, turn tricks (circus tricks), pile on the lesbian lipstick chic, and talk dirty and giggle at the same time.’
- ‘My girlfriend always asks me to talk dirty to her during our lovemaking.’
- ‘She talks dirty and suggestively, and most of the men just ignore her - but she is particularly forceful if a man doesn't respond to her.’
- ‘The film also benefits from some sparkling performances, the pick of which comes from Winslet's Tula as the sassy, sexy and, quite frankly, incendiary femme fatale with a penchant for talking dirty.’
- ‘She says that it is a daily occurrence to be invited to engage in cybersex, or to talk dirty, but she rejects these offers without hesitation.’
- ‘Then, of course, there's cybersex, which mostly consists of talking dirty to each other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.