One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
happen, occur, come about, transpire, crop up, materialize, arise, chance, fall outView synonyms
- ‘A small degree of fund-raising has already taken place but there will be more to come.’
- ‘Two meetings of the steering group behind the proposal have already taken place.’
- ‘The surface was ready to play on so quickly because the settlement of the soil had already taken place in Yorkshire.’
- ‘So many changes to the town and surrounding lands have already taken place and yet there are many more to come.’
- ‘One meeting has already taken place and we expect the programme to run over the next two years.’
- ‘A general consultation has already taken place and the next stage will be a series of public meetings.’
- ‘Much of what economists do is analyse the statistics of what has already taken place.’
- ‘Initial talks have already taken place and Joy is confident the case for change can be successfully argued.’
- ‘Discussions have already taken place about the merger since both schools have been hit by falling numbers.’
- ‘Several peace marches have already taken place at the site and a peace camp has been set up nearby.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.