One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Obtain information and guidance, typically from an expert.‘he should take advice from his accountant’
- ‘The two critical ingredients to the balance between giving advice and taking advice are talent and respect.’
- ‘Who is Bush supposed to take advice from on energy policy?’
- ‘Then I take advice from experts and they confuse me even further.’
- ‘As a party we are here to serve people, to give advice and assistance and to take advice as well.’
- ‘If you are seriously taking advice from him then you shouldn't vote at all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.