One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be difficult to do or effect in the specified way.‘he might take some convincing’
- ‘" It takes a lot of training for a person to develop a performance onstage.’
- ‘It took some convincing (and maybe a bribe), but he agreed to come home to see the girls and his grandchildren.’
- ‘It takes a lot of style and pacing to flash back and forth from action scenes to images and thoughts in the mind of an actor.’
- ‘With just four trains an hour and only one route home it's taken some getting used to.’
- ‘In the beginning it did take some getting used to.’
- ‘This tough love and honesty takes some getting used to, but it is valuable.’
- ‘The book is designed with marginal notes, which takes some getting used to but are very helpful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.