One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Taiwan or its people.‘internationally successful Taiwanese filmmakers’
- ‘He asks, "what kind of new 'pidgin cuisine' identity-speak was I cooking up here - part Italian, part Taiwanese, part Korean, part Hawaiian".’
- ‘Taiwanese performance art has become less confrontational and more concerned with issues of Taiwanese identity.’
- ‘He is thus the only Taiwanese naive artist to have a whole museum devoted to his works.’
- ‘We had a lot of electronic music written for the film, by a Taiwanese musician.’
- ‘The watch commemorates the 116th anniversary of the founding of the Taiwanese railway system.’
A native or inhabitant of Taiwan, or a person of Taiwanese descent.‘the Taiwanese can apply their expertise in making complex components for small spaces’
- ‘He devotes himself to the task of educating the younger generation among the Taiwanese.’
- ‘The "7th graders" generation refers to the 7th decade of Taiwanese born after the beginning of the republic of China in 1911, that is, Taiwanese born between 1981 and 1990.’
- ‘While the shops will attract the consumer-happy Taiwanese, the mall is really conceived to attract foreign visitors.’
- ‘The film presents a beautifully delineated portrait of a generation of Taiwanese cut off from their society's traditional values.’
- ‘Many Taiwanese are proud of what the 101 Tower represents, even if high prices keep the designer shops off limits to them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.