One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The adjustable part of a lathe holding the fixed spindle.
- ‘Through the use of CNC tailstocks, the machine is capable of handling various shaft lengths.’
- ‘I modified the tailstock on my Homier 7x12 minilathe by adding a handle to the nut that locks the tailstock in place.’
- ‘A camlock makes it much more convenient to move the mini-lathe's tailstock to clear chips when drilling deep holes.’
- ‘The fixture has a dividing head on the left and a tailstock on the right.’
- ‘The first step was to chuck it up in the lathe and, using an end mill in the tailstock, remove the nipple portion (where the cap used to go).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.