Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of clothes) smart, fitted, and well cut.‘a tailored charcoal-gray suit’
- ‘Whether you enjoy wearing a tailored suit, old jeans, khakis, or corduroys, we have the perfect shoes for you to step out in.’
- ‘The beauty of a tailored suit is that you can add personal touches to make your suit look genuine and unique.’
- ‘This clothing industry trade group is made up of men's apparel retailers and manufacturers of suits and tailored clothing.’
- ‘In an effort to boost pride in York, it was agreed cabbies should wear smart suits, tailored trousers and black dress shoes in winter.’
- ‘We can offer beautifully tailored jackets, trouser suits, skirts and dresses at very competitive prices.’
- ‘So perhaps try some tailored pants (and a tailored vest if you go that route)’
- ‘Avoid keeping things in your suit pocket if it's a slim-fitting, tailored suit.’
- ‘What is the least I can expect to pay for a decent tailored suit?’
- ‘The firm makes fabrics for men's suits and women's tailored garments.’
- ‘I looked down upon my beautifully tailored costume.’
- ‘I wanted a smart, tailored look with trousers that are a little too short.’
- ‘It features a sueded finish, tailored collar with top button loop, a left chest pocket, and a double layer back yoke with extended shoulders.’
- ‘Men typically wore trousers and a tailored shirt under a vest or coat.’
- ‘The groom is wearing his tailored black tuxedo with cummerbund and all the classic details.’
- ‘Keep in mind, however, that a layered combo can include one or more classy pieces, such as a tailored blazer and a fine dress shirt.’
- ‘You can picture Eriksson in his tailored white suit and panama hat, travelling the continents and inspecting his crops.’
- ‘This season is seeing an emphasis on tailored suits, with clean, straight lines, as well as linen as a base fabric for everything from pants to suits.’
- ‘This is not a fabric which tailors well; it is more suited to soft, drapey designs such as full skirts and pants, soft blouses as opposed to tailored shirts.’
- ‘Dressed in a silver-patterned silk shirt and tailored trousers, he exudes self-confidence.’
- ‘In addition, you're sure to find a lot of merino wool in stores, as well as plenty of sharp, tailored suits.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.