One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The gene responsible for taillessness, though it cannot be said to have originated on the Isle of Man, was able to blossom there because the tiny island provided it with a closed environment.’
- ‘Emphasis was on breeding for working ability and stamina and, if the stumpy-tailed Halls Heelers were workers of excellence, their taillessness would have been disregarded.’
- ‘Geneticists have determined that taillessness occurred as the result of a spontaneous mutation.’
- ‘There are several different mutations leading to various degrees of taillessness, to bobtails and to curly tails.’
- ‘Manx Syndrome is a normally fatal defect caused by the so-called Manx gene, which causes the taillessness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.