One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Gas produced in a refinery and not required for further processing.
- ‘By the year 2010, a total of 85 percent of domestic production will be low-pressure tail gas.’
- ‘As the producing reservoirs become exhausted, a higher proportion of domestic production will be in the form of low-pressure tail gas produced at less than 10 bar.’
- ‘A waste treatment process which removes sulfur compounds from sulfur recovery unit tail gas to make such gas environmentally suitable for venting to the atmosphere.’
- ‘In one embodiment, the condensation is conducted on a mixed gas stream of fresh synthesis gas and tail gas from a Fischer-Tropsch process.’
- ‘Failure to exploit the tail gas will increase the gas import bill to $9 billion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.