Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A form of wrestling involving tag teams.
- ‘More successful attractions included tag wrestling, Highland dancing, popstars Shane and Ray Columbus, marching teams, brass bands, a funhouse and even performing police dogs.’
- ‘Johnny's stamped his authority on tag wrestling even more, being one-half of the most prolific tag team champions of all time, but despite his two previous World Titles he has yet to solidify his position in the main event with a lengthy run with the belt.’
- ‘But finally, between the last two Wrestlemania's, tag wrestling was becoming solid and important.’
- ‘Once there was a mix-up at the manufacturers and one of the company's classical DVDs ended up with porn and tag wrestling on it.’
- ‘I have always been a LOD mark, and they are the team that really got me into liking tag wrestling over singles wrestling.’
- ‘To be a part of this rebirth in tag wrestling is good.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.