One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A pair of wrestlers who fight as a team, taking the ring alternately. One team member cannot enter the ring until touched or tagged by the one leaving.
- ‘In any wrestling company or promotion, tag team matches play an important role.’
- ‘Then the tag team of WWE wrestler Triple H and play-by-play guy Joe Amato took over.’
- ‘Mo and Yao would also be one of the best tag team wrestling combos.’
- ‘I'm not a big wrestling fan, but I've watched tag team wrestling.’
- ‘He went on to win numerous regional titles and form a successful tag team with his brother, Jerry.’
- ‘Harris said his first goal was to make it as a singles wrestler and when they told him he was going to be in a tag team, he really had no desire to do so.’
- ‘Credible is back to being a member of a tag team rather than a singles performer.’
- ‘I've been teaming with Jesse down there for a long time as a Mexican tag team, which requires me to wear a sombrero to the ring.’
- ‘The one thing a tag team needs to be successful is chemistry; this is what separates a good team from a great team.’
- ‘The second-generation wrestlers were a great tag team but absolutely phenomenal as single competitors.’
- ‘I mean, they were such a beloved tag team in their day to the point that several sports forums that I visit had folks mention his passing.’
- ‘This move turned The Midnight Express babyface, ending a near five year run as the top heel tag team in wrestling.’
- ‘This has already been a hard week on wrestling fans with the passing of Stu Hart and now one half of the greatest tag team of all time is gone also.’
- ‘There's going to be a king of the road tournament to find the best wrestler in the country and a special tag team match.’
- ‘He was great as a tag team wrestler and occasionally in a singles match but the best in the business he is not.’
- ‘They are perhaps the best tag team in the world and would get over with any wrestling fan.’
- ‘However my proposal to set up a tag team wrestling contest, under WWF rules, to determine the winner was met without much enthusiasm.’
- 1.1North American informal A pair of people working together.
- ‘However in fairness, Pat Doherty as chairman of the economic committee proved a good tag team member with Sir Reg Empey when on overseas visits or if hosting inward investment prospects.’
- ‘The victory was unexpected as 18-year-old Cavendish was making his first appearance at a World Championship and the two had not raced together before in an event in which pairs of riders compete as a tag team.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.