One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A modern Korean martial art similar to karate.
- ‘After all, once Simon's dreams of playing pro soccer ended, they were replaced by an equal passion for a kicking martial art, tae kwon do.’
- ‘The UW Martial Arts club will demonstrate a variety of martial arts, including tae kwon do, juijitsu and kendo.’
- ‘The boys took fencing, golf, swimming, tae kwon do and tennis.’
- ‘Want to add martial arts to your fitness regimen but don't know the difference between tai chi and tae kwon do?’
- ‘One of the secrets to his success was the martial arts discipline tae kwon do, a form of unarmed self-defense that requires intense training of the body and the mind.’
- ‘The best-known traditional Korean sport is the martial art of tae kwon do, taught by Koreans to people throughout the world as a popular form of self-defense.’
- ‘Besides tae kwon do, also try aikido, kung fu, judo, karate, jujitsu or any other style of martial arts.’
- ‘This mother of one and a black belt in tae kwon do advises pregnant exercisers to drink plenty of fluids before, during and after exercise and wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothing.’
- ‘Fortunately for me, I know some tae kwon do and was able to subdue him, although I did get a cut on my hand.’
- ‘She is also a kickboxing instructor, a certified personal trainer and a proficient student of tae kwon do.’
- ‘At some point, tae kwon do had paid off, giving him a thin and strong looking form even when he was just walking.’
- ‘You know how to kick-box and do tae kwon do, or maybe it's karate.’
- ‘Of course, her firsthand knowledge of tae kwon do would help her cause.’
- ‘Around 40 people took part in the event which involved different displays of martial arts from tae kwon do to kickboxing.’
- ‘Parents realize the positive effect karate, tae kwon do, kung fu, judo, or aikido can have on their children.’
- ‘It hopes to compete in soccer, swimming, athletics, wrestling, weightlifting, judo and tae kwon do.’
- ‘She also received a minor blow to her left lateral chest while practicing tae kwon do.’
- ‘Try physical activities that will give you a sense of empowerment, like kickboxing, aikido or tae kwon do.’
- ‘My passion for martial arts grew, and I started learning tae kwon do.’
- ‘Even though I was really good at tae kwon do, I learned that it wasn't the best martial art.’
Korean, literally ‘art of hand and foot fighting’, from tae ‘kick’ + kwon ‘fist’ + do ‘art, method’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.