One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An exercise system combining elements of aerobics and kick-boxing.
- ‘There are a variety of athletic dance styles, including tap, jazz, aerobics, tae-bo, cardio kickboxing, and other forms of music-related dance.’
- ‘Nostalgic for the days before exercise got cluttered with tae-bo and other exotic paraphernalia?’
- ‘She's a whitewater thrill-chaser, downhill skier, mountain biker and surrealist artist who teaches aerobics, practices tae-bo, does yoga and plays piano.’
- ‘I am about to do tae-bo right now because I need to work off all the stuff I ate all weekend.’
- ‘Thirty years ago, activities such as high and low impact step-aerobics, spinning, body-pump, hip-hop, funk, tae-bo and roller-blading classes didn't exist.’
1990s: from Korean tae ‘leg’ + bo, short for boxing (see box).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.