Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An exercise system combining elements of aerobics and kick-boxing.
- ‘Nostalgic for the days before exercise got cluttered with tae-bo and other exotic paraphernalia?’
- ‘She's a whitewater thrill-chaser, downhill skier, mountain biker and surrealist artist who teaches aerobics, practices tae-bo, does yoga and plays piano.’
- ‘I am about to do tae-bo right now because I need to work off all the stuff I ate all weekend.’
- ‘There are a variety of athletic dance styles, including tap, jazz, aerobics, tae-bo, cardio kickboxing, and other forms of music-related dance.’
- ‘Thirty years ago, activities such as high and low impact step-aerobics, spinning, body-pump, hip-hop, funk, tae-bo and roller-blading classes didn't exist.’
1990s: from Korean t'ae foot + bo, short for boxing.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.