One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The second row left the defence for dead with a 30-metre gallop, brushing off at least three would-be tacklers in the process.’
- ‘A one-handed pass around the back of Henson put Barry clear on a long run, only to be held just short by three Welsh tacklers.’
- ‘The scoring began again soon after the restart as Rowe pushed off three tacklers for his second try and Broadhurst also forced his way over.’
- ‘Shrugging off three tacklers, he raced for the line only to be held a metre short but from the ruck the ball was recycled for the waiting Ashman to score.’
- ‘Defensively they also looked sound with tacklers crowding out Ulster's attempts to put runners through the middle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.