A pulley over which a rope runs.
- ‘Another thing they had in common was all of these tackles, at least up through most of the 18th Century, made use of long tackle blocks rather than common double blocks.’
- ‘This gun truck tackle block was likely used to move and secure one of the CSS Alabama's large pivot guns.’
- ‘The tackle blocks are set, the anchorages are down, and the lead ropes are all in place.’
- ‘Thick, leafy branches might have obscured the old tackle block hanging from a branch directly over the pit.’
- ‘Specifications state that the main sheet tackle blocks must be affixed to the boom in accordance with the official plans.’