One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘That these art works are actually, and not tackily, beautiful is icing on the cake.’
- ‘It was small, tackily decorated, and questionably clean, but I hardly noticed.’
- ‘The trick here is to capture the most gaudily and tackily dressed tourists on film.’
- ‘Once inside, she lined up behind a tackily dressed woman.’
- ‘I fail to see why a choreographer would think it is a good idea to tackily reveal so much spurious flesh, and for so long.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.