One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The transformation of news, literature, etc., into a popularized, lurid, and sensational form.‘the tabloidization of mainstream media’
- ‘The tabloidization of newspapers is a global phenomenon.’
- ‘This will herald the full tabloidisation of all the broadsheets within the next few years.’
- ‘Competition between media outlets is driving these stories as well - there has been an undoubted tabloidisation of the mainstream media in the past two decades.’
- ‘The tabloidization of killers does have a social purpose.’
- ‘The progressive tabloidisation of British radio that these novels reflect - true even at the BBC - raises the prospect that radio in this country will eventually be captured by the hard right, as has happened in the US.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.