One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An indoor game based on tennis, played with small paddles and a ball bounced on a table divided by a net.
- ‘The club also provides outdoor and indoor games such as tennis, badminton and table tennis.’
- ‘The games facilities will cater for sports such as table tennis, volleyball, pool and badminton.’
- ‘He plays the game as if table tennis is one of the easiest games.’
- ‘Games like badminton, table tennis, etc. are available and women have exclusive time too.’
- ‘In the evenings or holidays we played charades and card games and table tennis.’
- ‘When the sun shone, we hit the beach; when it didn't, we swam in the heated indoor pool or played table tennis.’
- ‘Some of these included volleyball, boxing, football, lawn tennis and table tennis.’
- ‘We were enthusiastic about playing table tennis and thought it was the most interesting sport in the world.’
- ‘Once a week, for relaxation, he plays table tennis for a couple of hours.’
- ‘They started playing table tennis and moved on to take part in loads of sports.’
- ‘The Zambia team will compete in several events among them volleyball netball, table tennis and swimming.’
- ‘There is already table tennis but centre workers would like more activities, such as art projects.’
- ‘Craven won first places in rugby union, table tennis, football and in a new swimming event called the aquathon.’
- ‘I have had some great friends and we would be roaring with laughter as we played table tennis together.’
- ‘He enjoyed many sports, and played table tennis for Manchester and tennis for Manchester University.’
- ‘When I was in Hanoi, many people turned the streets into badminton courts and set up tables to play table tennis.’
- ‘Some were playing cards, some were playing table tennis, and some just enjoying a drink and chatting.’
- ‘His favorite sport is table tennis and he loves to ride a motorbike whenever he has a chance.’
- ‘In the meantime they are spending their days playing table tennis and pool and consuming fearsome quantities of beer.’
- ‘It can be flexibly configured to accommodate indoor team sports ranging from table tennis to indoor soccer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.