One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A circular saw mounted under a table or bench so that the blade projects up through a slot.
- ‘The blocks required finished edges on the top and front, which I did by turning the moulding vertically in the table saw before ripping it to 3/8 inch.’
- ‘I had some tools but needed to buy an air compressor and used table saw.’
- ‘Older circular sawmills work with a vertical blade mounted in the bottom of the bed, similar to a workshop table saw.’
- ‘I must be a contractor's wife if the sound of a table saw lulls me to sleep.’
- ‘Most cuts can be made with a circular saw, handsaw, or saber saw, but the angled back support would be more easily cut with a table saw.’
- ‘‘I often say that you cannot be a real frame shop unless you have a table saw,’ he said.’
- ‘I want you to return your neighbor's table saw that you borrowed six months ago.’
- ‘To set up your table saw for panel raising, it makes sense to build a jig.’
- ‘The table saw was untouched and dusty, and there were no misplaced goggles, moved blocks of wood, or signs of sawing action anywhere.’
- ‘Crosscut the stock to length using a table saw with a stop block.’
- ‘I'm scared of the regular old table saw where you have to push it through.’
- ‘You can't run a table saw from them, but they will power any small electronic device up to a laptop PC.’
- ‘You'll need to rip a few boards into smaller sizes; you can use a table saw or ask the lumberyard to do it.’
- ‘The primary function of the table saw is ripping, which is cutting wood parallel with the grain.’
- ‘A table saw and miter saw will allow two persons to prepare parts for over a dozen telescopes in well under an hour.’
- ‘Used by residents of 30 homes, one shared table saw in the community workshop saves money.’
- ‘I did not have access to a table saw, so it was necessary for me to bring my circular saw and some of my other tools from Alamo, California.’
- ‘Rip the pieces on your table saw to the widths required.’
- ‘Use a push stick with the radial arm saw or table saw, and always keep hands clear of blades.’
- ‘Cut the legs, cleats, planks and spokes to length with the table saw and jig, labeling each one as you finish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.