One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thick-soled Japanese ankle sock with a separate section for the big toe.
- ‘Dropping quickly on all fours, I glanced towards the open window and managed to glimpse the last of her tabi - she had vanished into the shadows of the night.’
- ‘He was ready to go in his white referee's uniform and tabi while your humble correspondent handled the functions of both chief judge and official scorer.’
- ‘Her geta kept her bare feet - she'd entirely forgotten to put on tabi - protected from the snow, if not from the cold, while Izumi's curled body gave her hands some measure of warmth.’
- ‘The room itself was six tatami mats in size, the bamboo slightly worn in some areas, but otherwise in good condition; they felt relatively comfortable, even when one only wore tabi on their feet.’
- ‘We were supposed to move on to making kimono once we had completed the tabi, but mother did not want to see your frustrated face again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.